Tjänst utlyses som post doc i klimatetikprogrammet
Klimatetikprogrammet utlyser nu en post doc-tjänst som ska ägnas åt klimaträttvisa:
The Institute for Futures Studies is looking for a two-year postdoc to conduct research on climate justice. The position is part of the research program “Climate Ethics and Future Generations”. Funded by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond, the main aim of this program is to provide guidance on climate policy in light of the intergenerational nature of climate change. The program investigates questions as diverse as population ethics, normative uncertainty, intergenerational justice, and environmental attitudes. Led by Gustaf Arrhenius (principal investigator), Krister Bykvist and Göran Duus-Otterström (co-principal investigators), it is set to run until the end of 2023.
The advertised position is a two-year postdoc. It is located in the work package focusing on climate justice, which is led by Göran Duus-Otterström. In this work package, the program seeks to answer questions such as: What is the appropriate pattern and currency of intergenerational justice? How much, if at all, should we discount future effects of climate change? How should the current generation divide the burdens of combatting climate change? How could we make democracies better at representing the interests of future generations? You can find a more detailed description of the research program at the program’s website. The successful candidate will have the freedom to choose his or her own research agenda so long as it fits thematically with the program.
The successful candidate is expected to spend 70 percent of his or her time on research on a topic relevant to climate justice. The remaining 30 percent of the candidate’s time will be spent on administrative tasks, such as planning and organizing of conferences and workshops, and editing books and papers.
Qualifications and merits
The applicant must hold, or be close to completing, a PhD in philosophy or a related field. Having research experience in climate justice is an especially important assessment criterion in appointing the position. Administrative experience and a demonstrated ability to communicate research to a general audience are also important assessment criteria.
Your application should contain the following:
- A letter of application stating your reasons for applying to the postdoc.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A research proposal (maximum 3 pages) that outlines the research you intend to conduct.
- Three writing samples.
- Names and contact information to three people who are familiar with you and your work.
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than 30 September 2021. Interviews (if necessary) will take place in late October or November 2021, either in person in Stockholm or via link.
100 % with starting date 1 January 2022, or as close as possible to this date. The starting salary is 38 979 – 40 060 SEK per month. The successful candidate is expected to work on-site in Stockholm most of the time.
Further information about this position may be obtained from Göran Duus-Otterström (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For information about the research program Climate Ethics and Future Generations, see www.climateethics.se
For information about the Institute for Futures Studies in English, see www.iffs.se/en
We look forward to applications from all sexes and birth backgrounds, functionalities and life experiences.
For this position, we already have the recruitment support we need, and ask that you do not contact us in this matter.
The Institute for Futures Studies carries out interdisciplinary research on important future issues and participates in the public discussion with its seminar and publication activities. Under the management of Director Gustaf Arrhenius (Professor of Moral and Political Philosophy), over eighty researchers from various disciplines work with future studies and long-term analysis.