Professor, Political Science
I am Professor of Political Science at Stockholm University. I am also a research fellow at Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
My research is focused on issues of power, democracy, effectiveness, and legitimacy in international organizations. I currently direct the research program Legitimacy in Global Governance (LegGov), funded by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond for the period 2016-2021; the research project The Performance of International Organizations (PIO), funded by the Swedish Research Council for the period 2014-2018; and the Swedish team in the pan-European research project The Choice for Europe Since Maastricht (EMU-SCEUS), funded by the EU’s research program Horizon 2020.
Three recently published works:
- NGO Influence in International Organizations: Information, Access, and Exchange. British Journal of Political Science, Online First [med Lisa Dellmuth, Hans Agné och Andreas Duit].
- The Performance of International Organizations: A Policy Output Approach. Journal of European Public Policy 23(7), 2016 [med Thomas Sommerer, Theresa Squatrito och Magnus Lundgren].
- Democratic Memberships in International Organizations: Sources of Institutional Design. Review of International Organizations 11(1), (2016) [med Thomas Sommerer och Theresa Squatrito].
Three often cited works:
- The Opening Up of International Organizations: Transnational Access in Global Governance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2013 [med Thomas Sommerer, Theresa Squatrito och Christer Jönsson].
- Leadership and Negotiation in the European Union. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Paths to Compliance: Enforcement, Management, and the European Union. International Organization 56(3), 2002.